Easy tips to protect and maintain your wood inlay design.
Keep your home flooring looking like new- for a lifetime.
Suggested Floor Inlays Care & Maintenance:
- Do not use sheet vinyl or tile floor care products on wood inlay. Self-polishing acrylic waxes cause wood to become slippery and appear dull quickly.
- Sweep, dust-mop or vacuum your inlay regularly.
- Do not use household dusting products on your inlay.
- Do not wet-mop a wood inlay. Standing water can dull the finish, damage the wood and leave a discoloring residue.
- Wipe up spills immediately with a slightly dampened towel.
- Use throw rugs both inside and outside doorways to help prevent grit, dirt and other debris from being tracked onto your wood inlay.
- Avoid walking on your wood floors with cleats, sports shoes and high heels.
- When moving heavy furniture, do not slide it on wood inlay.
- Use window coverings to protect your inlay against direct excessive sun exposure.
- Use a humidifier throughout the winter months to keep wood movement and shrinkage to a minimum.
- Maintain reasonable humidity conditions (35% to 45% humidity at 60 to 75°F) consistently throughout the home.
The National Wood Flooring Association is an excellent resource for maintenance and care information. Visit them on the web at www.woodfloors.org or contact them by calling at 1-800-422-4556.